Tuesday 30 December 2008

Good news and somewhat bad news

Somewhat bad news first. I sprained my left ankle and it's swollen to about the size of a mini balloon. Haha, nah, I am exaggerating. Being the usual klutzy me, I fell down the last row of steps as I came down the stairs. My very first sprain. No worries, I am sure I can be walking as per normal by the end of this week.

Let's move on the good news. Good news are way more fun to tell than bad news. I got a verbal job offer from Singhealth for a HR executive role handling internal recruitment and selection! Actually, I am still in a state of surprise cause I just went for the interview last Monday, 22 December. I didn't expect them to get back to me that quickly.

Yay, goes to show, the job market is still not THAT bad. No doubt, the world is entering or have already entered depressional stage, but there is still hope of a better job.

I'm pondering about accepting though. Package wise, its better than what was. Its just the feeling that what if there is a better offer still out there and yeah, one month break sometimes never seem enough. I am just being greedy. I guess its back to working again.

To those looking for a Human Resource position, there is really a good flow of open jobs looking for fresh graduates. So be positive, there's an offer out there. :)

God is really good all the time! He is so ever faithful and gracious to me.

No comments: